My name is Christine. I’m getting married in
7 6 weeks. And I have a lot of work to do.
Join me on my journey as I slim down for the big day.
Another endurance day in the books! My fellow coworker, Emily, who works in Membership, ran with me today. We got lucky and missed the rain and it ended up being a beautiful day for a run. We did 6.2 miles around the Oak Springs area and started and ended at the Ridge. As we finished up, we ran into one of the guys that will be a “Broomsman” (Bride/Groomsman) in my wedding, Morgan, and he so kindly photo bombed our picture. Gotta love him.In anticipation of sharing my weight loss results with you tomorrow, I thought I’d share a hurdle I ran into today… As of yesterday, I was feeling great about my progress, never went over my calories, got all of my workouts in, to a T. I stepped on the scale this morning to find that I had gained 3.5 lbs. in one day! Now I know weight can fluctuate with water retention etc, but I was a little frustrated. I had heard that muscle soreness causes you to retain water, so I headed to “Ask Jackie”, a free Q & A sesh every Wednesday at noon with Health Coach Jackie Corcoran. She put me at ease, and explained that yes, hormones, stress on our body, muscle soreness, and more can all affect our weight according to a scale. After my strength session with Jen yesterday, plus intervals and a run, I was very sore this morning, plus I had quite a bit of sodium yesterday, so I do feel that my body is retaining a lot of water. Hopefully my endurance session helped break up some of that lactic acid, as well as shed some water weight.
If you like to run, or if you’re just an ipod addict like me and need music to complete a long workout, here’s my playlist from today of tunes that kept me motivated…
* Disclaimer: I listen to more quality music on my downtime, but I definitely need high energy music that has motivating lyrics for my workouts. Some are very cheesy 🙂
1. Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
2. Can’t Hold Us – Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ray Dalton
3. And We Danced – Maclemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Ziggy Stardust
4. Work B**ch – Britney Spears
5. F**kin’ Problems – A$AP Rocky
6. Touch It/Technologic – Daft Punk
7. Stronger – Kanye West
8. Rock That Body – Black Eyed Peas
9. Bodyrock – Moby
10. Feel So Close – Calvin Harris